Finally, the perfect scenario occurred. With about 15 minutes to spare and with the thick fog I’d been waiting for for what feels like years, I was finally in the right place at the right time. I’ve known about this place for some time and this is exactly why I carry my Bronica SQ-b and some Ilford FP4+ with me almost everywhere I go.
While what you see here is the scanned version, the print is indeed made completely by hand in my home darkroom. To master each print, it takes anywhere up to 2 hours as I make test after test, after test to ensure no detail is left up to chance. It’s very rewarding and the scan does not do a darkroom print justice..
This photograph was made with;
- Bronica SQ-b medium format camera
- Zenza Bronica 80mm F2.8
- Ilford FP4 Plus 120 film
- Developed in Ilford IlfotecHC for 8 minutes
- Darkroom print on Ilford Multigrade RC Pearl paper
- PAPER SIZE – 20.3cm x 25.4cm (8″ x 10″)
- Print is approximately 19cm x 19cm